Monthly Archives: February 2011
Posted by erikaraia
A superstar isn’t always the biggest star but they are always the brightest. Imagine going to a party with a room full of people, some you may know and some you do not know. You are there to meet interesting people and have fun, right? Well, the best way to meet interesting people and have fun is to be interesting and show a genuine interest in others. The same holds true in social media except instead of talking to a couple dozen people at your party you are talking to millions of people online.
Here are my 5 Don’ts of a social media superstar:
1. Don’t talk only about work
2. Don’t look around the room while others are talking
3. Don’t be a Debbie Downer and talk about negative or sensitive topics when no one else is
4. Don’t pretend to know it all, stick to what you know
5. Don’t be disinterested in others, communication takes two people
It’s simple, social media is a social outlet to meet and talk with people. There are huge marketing upsides to social media if you use it right and are able to make a personal connection with others in your business community. The key to building any relationship, business or personal, is to be yourself and take an interest in others.
For more social media tips and/or web technology tools, contact Right Brain Media at 407-909-9718.
Written by: Erika Rossi-Raia, Right Brain Media