Category Archives: Go Mobile Tag
Posted by erikaraia
Event planners and hosts are always looking for ways to make their event stand above the rest. Technology is one way to do that especially if you are trying to appeal to children and young adults.
This morning I had a conference call with a tournament director that hosts 800+ teams at his sporting events held throughout the year and is looking for ways to drive kids to his tournament year after year. Here are 5 ideas I presented to him that could be used at your next event:
1. QR Codes: use a QR Code to promote your event (scan here for more information or scan here to register now) or as a link to directions (scan here for directions to facility X); easy to do and can be done for free on http://www.GoMobileTag.com
2. Live Streaming: create an online channel to gain exposure to visitors online, showcase your attendees or sponsors and create a buzz about your event worldwide
3. Video on Demand: record footage of your event and create highlights promoting your event and create a buzz via social networks and use the footage to increase sponsorship and attendance next year
4. Text Messaging: utilize text messaging to update attendees on scores, schedules, sponsor updates, live auction results, donations and more; keep your guests engaged and make them feel like they are a part of something special and they will come back again and again
5. Mobile Apps & Sites: create a mobile version of your event website with the most pertinent information so that attendees can view it easily on their phones and tablets; keep your information simple and gear it towards mobile users and you will gain fans faster than anything else you do
Technology is an easy way to spice up your event and create a social connection for your attendees and sponsors. I didn’t mention social media, not because it shouldn’t be included but, because it deserves its own blog. There is so much that you can do from a social media standpoint to take your event to new heights which I will cover in a later blog and can enhance every single trend mentioned above.
Good luck at your next event and tell us how you used technology to enhance it!
Written by: Erika Rossi-Raia, Right Brain Media